Thursday, April 28, 2011

Failure! And trying again...

Uck.

I misread my glaze notes, and applied too much glaze to...... eight, ten, twelve pieces?  Large platters, bowls, tea cups.... I don't want to remember.  Total waste of time and effort and I ruined shelves.  Frustrating! The pile of failures is banished to Piers's woodworking area of the garage.  Maybe I'll smash them, maybe I'll ignore them some more.  Grrrr.

I'm extraordinarily thankful to my sweet partner for being calm and supportive.  Yes, I feel like I was careless and destroyed my work unnecessarily.  I also simply love working in clay, and that's where my passion and drive stem from.

So I've taken a deep breath (many deep breaths) and wedged some new clay.  Here's some work fresh out of the kiln:


More work is being glazed, and I have greenware drying slowly in my studio.  I'll post new pictures after the next glaze load (gulp!) .....Keep your chin up, girl!!

2 comments:

  1. What a nice recovery story and such beautiful pieces to show for it. xoxo

    ReplyDelete