Thursday, January 1, 2009

Here we are!

Hello and welcome to our blog! Piers and Iris Peterson are sharing a space to post thoughts and progress on the art we create individually and together.

Please visit Iris's gallery at www.wild-iris.com, to check out photos of our work.

Iris: I am a ceramic artist, working on and off the wheel. My pottery is functional: mugs, bowls, teapots, and the like. Sometimes I leave the shape very simple; other times, I carve most of the surface. I enjoy how the fast pace of throwing complements the thoughtful patience of hand building. I use thick coils to build large shapes, most recently incorporating text and human imagery.

Piers: I look for artistic forms in nature and try to incorporate them into everyday living. Most often, this is in the form of furniture or ceramic/wood fusion in union with Iris's mudwork. I am staining our new dining room table, and just finished our latest collaborative piece last week.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see how the glazes turn out! The vases and verbal images fill me with love.

    ReplyDelete