Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Love Series

Piers and I didn't have much time off to get married, and we didn't take a honeymoon. Piers's shoulder injury took up most of our attention, as well as getting back to work. So I decided to do a series of vases to illustrate some of the sweet texts Piers sends me. I wrote Piers a real love letter once, but otherwise we send each other thoughtful messages and haiku via cell phone. Here are the first three vases, titled "Reverie," "Endless," and "Love Letter." These are in their unfired state, 11"-14" high. I'm still thinking about glazes.

Reverie
It is sunny, rainy and beautiful, and reminded me of you
Endless
How do I love thee/Let me count the ways

Love Letter
Front text: Sitting among my papers/Sitting like/a madman among my papers/coffee and papers/papers
Back text: My god - and thinking of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment