Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Sneak Peak! Teapots out of the kiln.

The teapots turned out really lovely with the flowers! I really like this glaze combination; it's the same I used for the last teapot set, the creamer/sugar set, and the leafy espresso cups.

I like these leafy tea cups with swoopy handles.
The cups I made to accompany the teapots are drying for a bisque, as well as flour, sugar, and coffee canisters. The canisters look pretty small behind the tea cups, but they're rather large.  Or rather, they're probably about the right size for what they are.  I don't actually know if there's a standard size for these items. Now I have to think about glazes for these; same green/tan combo, or something else? Maybe I'll wait until I make more pieces to make a decision.

The left two cups go with the left teapot above; the right two go with the right teapot

Meanwhile, I've been making more work for Coyote Creek Gallery in Fairplay.  Here's a sampling of some of the work I'll be bringing on Saturday when it's my day to watch the shop.

3 mugs out of a 4 mug set; small green vase
Med-large slightly squared bowls, blue and yellow.
Finally, I wanted to share a quick shot of my muse resting on the couch this morning, clutching a pillow I made, pretending to be asleep so that I don't feel badly walking out the door, away from him and the studio...

See the open eye and twisted ears? He's watching me...

I'm coming back this evening to work on water goblets, a pitcher, and more!

1 comment:

  1. I simply love the glaze and the flowers. Amazing stuff. As for the mugs, they may even exceed the Iris cup I drink from every morning. One dayI will treat myself to a new one I think.

    ReplyDelete