Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pots On Location

One of my very favorite movies is Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulin, or just "Amélie" for short. One of the many wonderful conspiracies Amélie cooks up is borrowing her father's garden gnome and arranging for an airline attendant friend to cart the gnome around the world with her, photographing the gnome in front of famous monuments and mailing the photos as postcards back to Amélie's father. I love the expression on his face as he receives the postcards! Recently, I've received some nice photos and updates from happy clay-purchasers, letting me know how their new pots are faring.

This jade plant has a new home, in my large columbine planter. Apparently, the photo was taken the day the jade moved in, and since then it has really been thriving.

 
Here are my flour-sugar-coffee canisters.  The photos came with a note: "In their natural habitat." Delightful!


I rediscovered these next photos while scrolling through the ol' cellular. The first is from a visit home to my family in May. My mom still uses the mug I gave her several years ago, and its chocolatey brown color does look fabulous accompanying a soy cappuccino. I love the moment the coffee is served, complete with cinnamon sprinkled atop the foam. Yum!

Lilies of the valley and an iris, both from mom's garden.
This is my boss hard at work, with the "It ain't easy..." mug I gave him in August. It's fashioned after a plastic to-go mug that says "It ain't easy being a princess" and for some reason my boss adores the ugly thing! I tried to steer clear of any foofy princess designs, so my version is a large coffee cup-sized beer stein. It took me quite a while to come up with that idea, but I think it works great.


Send me photos if you have 'em!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm. Maybe your boss identifies with princesses and now you've turned it into a thing of beauty. I love the mug you made on this theme. And the story is too hilarious for words.

    ReplyDelete